Working as part of the British Horseracing Authority Raceday Officials team, the Steward’s role ensures all races are run smoothly and within the rules of racing at all meetings.
Average starting salary
Average hours per week
What you’ll do
- Ensuring the race meeting is run in accordance with the BHA Rules and Instructions
- Sit in on Stewards Enquiries
- Liaise with Trainers, jockeys and other staff
Who you’ll work with
- Raceday Assistant
- Racecourse executive
Skills & Knowledge
- Horse Racing knowledge
- Flexible individual
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
How to get into this role
Take a look at the different jobs roles available in this sector.
The role of Steward could lead to Head of Stewarding or other raceday based roles.