In this pivotal role, you would need to have outstanding analytical skills to produce the handicap ratings for European Pattern and UK Handicap races. These judgements help produce the kind of racing fields that allow an open betting market and help the racing industry thrive.
Average starting salary
Average hours per week
What you’ll do
- Provide handicap ratings within the required timescale
- Liaise with stakeholders including owners, trainers and the media to explain and justify handicapping decisions and promote BHA handicapping policy
- Provide ratings, information, analysis and statistics for presentation at industry committees
Who you’ll work with
- Investigation Team
- Betting Analyst
Skills & Knowledge
- A keen and active interest in horseracing.
- Ability to explain, justify and take ownership of decisions made
How to get into this role
Please check the job board for various job routes.
Take a look at the different jobs roles available in this sector.