Clerk of the Course
Responsible for all matters relating to turf management and raceday preparation. In conjunction with the racecourse manager you will also deal with race planning with an aim to achieve an optimum fixture list.
Average starting salary
Average hours per week
What you’ll do
- Maintenance and enhancement of the racing surface
- Organisation of all Raceday officials, medical and veterinary requirements.
- Management of a team.
Who you’ll work with
- Clerk of the Scales
- Racecourse Manager
- Grounds Team
Skills & Knowledge
- You will need to have Clerk of the Course accreditation
- Extensive knowledge of the horse racing industry
- Excellent communication skills.
How to get into this role
Trainee Clerk of the Course roles are advertising on occasions. You should have a good working knowledge of turf husbandry and understand the horseracing industry.
There are a variety of jobs available at racecourses and you will no doubt have many transferable skills.