- New Race to your Career podcast series launched exploring different aspects of industry employment, training and development
- Refreshed Careersinracing.com improves user experience for those wanting to find out more about working in the horseracing industry
- Careersinracing Job Board celebrates one-year anniversary with nearly 8,000 weekly users
The British Horseracing Authority’s (BHA) Careersinracing team has today released a new five-part podcast series – Race to your Career – which showcases the wide range of jobs and development opportunities available across British racing and breeding.
Launched during National Careers Week 2023, the new series covers various aspects of employment, training and careers advice – using the real-life journeys and personal experiences of people working in British racing.
Developed with education partner, Not Going To Uni, each episode focuses on a particular area of the industry, with guests ranging from racing grooms, experienced veterinary officers and marketing professionals, to those at the very start of their careers in racing.
All episodes of Race to your Career are available to listen to now on the main podcast hosting platforms, including Apple and Spotify, or to watch on the Careersinracing YouTube channel.
New-look Careersinracing.com website
Anyone inspired and motivated by the podcasts can explore training, apprenticeships and job roles using Careersinracing.com, which has been redesigned to provide users with a better, more engaging experience.
Improvements to the racing industry’s dedicated careers website include:
- Enhanced career sector information – demonstrating the roles available in the industry, with a summary of each position, the skills required and the training opportunities
- A training and education page – with courses, dates and the relevant providers
- Refreshed video content, case studies and inspirational stories
- General information about the racing industry, with a particular focus on wellbeing, culture and respect, and safeguarding.
The Careersinracing brand also delivers the industry Job Board, which is free to use for racing’s job seekers and employers, and features a wide range of employment and training opportunities.
Re-launched this time last year, the Job Board continues to prove immensely popular, with over 35,000 page views and nearly 8,000 users per week, browsing job opportunities across all sectors of the racing industry.
BHA Head of Careers Marketing and Recruitment, Zoe Elliott, said:
“We’re delighted to launch our five-part podcast series, Race to your Career, which provides a fascinating insight into the vast number of opportunities available across British racing and breeding.
“It was important to us that listeners – and those watching on our YouTube channel – can hear directly from people involved in the industry: finding out about how they got started, what their current roles involve and any advice they have for those looking to kick-start their own racing journey.
“The new podcast is part of our continued efforts to keep our digital products current and in line with what our career seekers are looking for in terms of how they can access information and advice.
“Our Youth Collaboration Group, who we engage with on our campaigns, were big supporters of podcasts so we were really delighted to produce them with one of our education partners”.
The Race to your Career podcast series is now available to listen to on the following platforms:
The series is also available to watch via the Careersinracing YouTube channel.
For more information, please visit the Careersinracing website, or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To look for a job or to advertise an employment opportunity, visit the Job board at: jobs.careersinracing.com