The role of a Racing Secretary can be very varied. The mornings tend to be very busy and the first important deadline is declarations for runners the next day. This involves finding out the ground, opposition and jockeys available to make an informed decision on running plans.
Average starting salary
Average hours per week
What you’ll do
- Duties include doing the monthly wages & race entries
- Liaising with owners updating website/social media
- Making sure the health and safety regulations are met
Who you’ll work with
- Stable Staff
- Work Rider
Skills & Knowledge
- The ability to prioritise under pressure.
- Previous experience within a racing office is essential.
How to get into this role
There is a Racing Secretary course that can be taken at our training providers for this job.
The successful candidate will need to thrive in a fast moving, flexible business environment, and have strong client management skills as well as a logical mind and a meticulous attention to detail.